Paint chips are a ready supply of free crafty goodness. You can make them into adorable gift boxes with no trouble at all.
To make the top:
- Measure approx 2cm in from each edge of the paint chip card and score fold lines.
- Cut ends to create tabs, and fold all lines.
- Use glue or double-sided tape to secure the end tabs.
To make the base:
- Measure approx 2.2cm in from each edge, and score fold lines. (This makes the base fit inside the lid once assembled).
- Complete the base the same as the lid.
- Your cute little gift box is ready to fill and give to someone special!
If you have paper punches, cut some matching shapes from another paint chip card and attach with glue. Or use ribbons or twine to hold the box together.
Other easy paint chip craft ideas:
Make gift tags – cut a simple gift-tag shape (draw it on the back and use sharp scissors to cut around) and punch a hole. Thread with ribbon or twine.
Make book marks – these can be simple or more elaborate! Cut a narrow strip from the paint chip cards, punch a hole at the top and loop through a piece of cord. Punch paper shapes or use decorative scissors to add extra embellishment.
|Contributed by Mara of My Paper Planet
My Paper Planet creates a range of unique gift tags for party favors, gift bags and gift boxes, party décor items and banners and garlands, all original designs handmade in Melbourne. They specialise in custom baby shower and party decorations, as well as seasonal gift wrapping accessories.