As well as loving sewing, cooking and nourishing my family is another passion of mine. I am sure you have all tried at some point to inject some healthier options into your kids’ diets, I sure do try to. I sampled these cookies at a friend’s house and I must say I am not usually a cookie or cake eater, but these are truly delicious and only use honey to sweeten them. They are originally from the Thermomix recipe community however I have converted the recipe so that those without a Thermie can make them too. Be warned! They are more-ish and like little mouthfuls of cookie dough. Great for guilt-free late night gluten-free snacking. And guess what the secret ingredient is….. chickpeas!!! So off you all go and get sneaky. My kids still don’t know what’s in them, nor do their school friends (we have nut friendly schools). Shhhh its our little secret!
- 250 g peanut butter
- 1 can chickpeas (400g), drained and patted dry
- 80 g honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or grease the tray.
- Add all ingredients except for the choc chips to the bowl of your food processor and process until smooth and you can’t see the chickpea pieces anymore.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and process for another 20 seconds.
- Add choc chips to bowl and process to mix in the choc chips (don’t worry if they get broken down a little bit).
- Using a tablespoon dollop 2-3 cm balls onto the tray about 3/4 cm apart (these cookies don’t spread much).
- Pop the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden – this will give a soft cookie texture.
- Optional: After 10 minutes take the cookies out of the oven and flatten gently with a fork and bake for a further 10 minutes. This will give a slightly denser crunchier cookie.
Please note: These are not crunchy cookies like an Anzac cookie.
|Contributed by Bek of Fluturi.
Fluturi designs, makes and sells children’s clothing, cushions, home wares, toys and also some things for mummies too. When you purchase a Fluturi piece, you can be assured that it is made with the utmost care and attention to detail with a large side serving of LOVE. Join Bek on Instagram for more cooking and sewing creations.